Location: Mayfair, London W1J 0QJ
Burlington Arcade project involved the cutting out and removal of mouldings applied by previous historic repairs that were manufactured incorrectly.
We Heritage Plaster Services applied new mouldings to:
- Match the original mouldings exactly
- Achieve correct depth of enrichment
Heritage plaster Services were contracted to remove and completely replace 4 full arches that had been affected by bomb damage during the second world war. Again these replacements had been manufactured incorrectly.
Paint removal of up to 38 layers of paint back to original decoration, to allow for:
- bomb damage and heat applied to paint
- Historic fire damage
- Originally open to the elements prior to glazed roof
- Working alongside heritage